Prince/Princess is a title that belongs to the high nobility. It is the highest noble title and can be granted and only to one person by the Regent of a kingdom.
To became the Prince or Princess, you don't need any in game mechanical requirements. A Regent usually elevates the designated successor to the throne, his/ her spouse or an important vassal to that title.
The title can also be customized to reflect a regional or roleplay equivalent. The crown icon seen above will remain the same.
This role is mainly for Role Playing purposes.
kingdoms can decide for themselves wether and which duties or privileges they want to give with the title. For reference, those may include among others:
- top level administrative duties
- a commanding position in the military
- award for exemplary loyalty, efforts for the kingdom's benefit, etc.
- come with a salary
- exemtion from certain laws
- assuring smooth succession to the throne and a widespread acceptance of the successor with the citizens and foreign Kingdoms